Seal your Membership
In the Order of the Arrow, there are no ranks. Every member is equal, and every member is entitled to all rights and privileges of membership in the Order. However, it is important to advance in your understanding of the Order and your Ordeal through attaining Brotherhood membership. The process of preparing yourself for Brotherhood membership is explained in the Order of the Arrow Handbook, which you should have received when you went through your ordeal. An Ordeal member becomes eligible for Brotherhood membership ten months after completing his Ordeal. You must meet five challenges before you can enter the Circle of Brotherhood:
- Memorize the signs of Arrow membership – this includes the Obligation, the Order of the Arrow Official Song, the Admonition, the sign of Ordeal membership, and the Arrow handclasp.
- Advance in your understanding of the Ordeal.
- Serve your unit. Retain registration in Scouting and expand your service.
- Plan for service in the lodge. Retain registration in the lodge and keep your dues paid. Brotherhood membership involves a pledge to serve the lodge, and you should develop a specific idea on how to do this service.
- Review your progress. When you earnestly feel that you have met the first 4 challenges, write a letter to the Lodge Secretary, covering the topics described in the Order of the Arrow Handbook.
You can download a study guide here. (password is the admonition)